AST MSL install i52M tracking module onboard ‘Gardian’
AST's in-house developed tracking solution, the i52M Tracking Module is being installed on the Gardian, a Gardline vessel.
The i52M Tracking Transceiver offers extensive GPS tracking options utilising the Iridium network including the ability to interface with external devices and sensors. The transceiver has an internal GPS receiver, 3 x RS-232 serial com ports as well as dual network option capabilities (GSM-GPRS internal modem) with automatic switching between networks when required.
The i52M features:
- Internal satellite and cellular modems with dual operation
- Four digital inputs plus Ignition input, four digital outputs, two analogue inputs & internal flash memory for permanent storage of unit settings
- Panic alert mode
- Dual mode network automatic switching
- GPS reports stored when the communications network is lost.
- Reports based on sensor inputs
- Data can be transmitted real-time or stored and downloaded based on time or file size
The installation of the i52M is to fully trial the product which forms part of AST’s tracking portfolio known as ‘onsat-track’ and will be used moving forward to form a full Vessel Management System, not only for workboats and fishing vessels but also offshore wind farms.
The reports generated by the i52M Tracking Module will consist of:
- Speed & heading
- GPS signal validity
- Network used
Any I/O change such as tamper, sleep mode etc will be sent on activation with the addition of the standard report. These reports provide full positioning information, ensuring a vessel can be traced anywhere in the World and at any time.
For more information on AST's tracking solutions can be found on our ‘solutions’ pages.